Install Citrix Receiver on CentOS 6← Back
18 Feb, 2012
These instructions are currently based on Citrix Receiver 12.0 and I installed CentOS 6 from the LiveCD spin. I have also installed Firefox 10 from Remi Collet's repo.
- Visit the Citrix Download area, click Client Center then choose Linux from the for Desktops list.
- Download the appropriate RPM for your CPU architecture.
- Install OpenMotif and dependencies
# 32bit yum install -y alsa-lib glib2 gtk2 libXpm openmotif
# 64bit yum install -y alsa-lib.i686 glib2.i686 gtk2.i686 libXpm.i686 openmotif.i686
- Install Citrix Receiver
# Run in the directory you downloaded the RPM to rpm -iv ICAClient*.rpm
- By opening Applications -> Internet you should see Citrix Receiver included and if you click it you should see the GUI. As long as the GUI opens the Receiver installation was successful.
- You will most likely need to copy your root or intermediate certificate into the Receiver certificate store otherwise you won't be able to launch your published applications.
- I opened my Web Interface URL
- Single-left-clicked the blue validation area next to the URL bar
- Clicked "More information"
- Clicked "Security" tab
- Clicked "View Certificate"
- Clicked the "Details" tab
- Selected the CA root certificate
- Clicked "Export.." and saved it to "/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore"
- Next I logged in to Web Interface and launched my published desktop. I was prompted to Open or Save the launch.ica file.
- From the drop down list next to "Open with...", drill down through
File System -> opt > Citrix > ICAClientThen select wfica.sh and click OK. I also ticked "Do this automatically for files like this from now on".
- My published desktop launched and I was up and running.