Reset Cisco 800 Series to Factory Defaults on CentOS 6← Back
08 Jul, 2012
- Install Minicom
yum install -y minicom
- Run Minicom and configure default settings (assuming Cisco is connected to COM1/ttyS0)
# minicom -s - Scroll down to "Serial port setup" Set Baud to 9600 Set Data bits to 8 Set Parity to none Set Stop bits to 1 Set flow control to off/none
- Once connected you need to set the config register
System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(11r)YV5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport Copyright (c) 2006 by cisco Systems, Inc. # Press CTRL-A-F to send a break key # Type: confreg 0x2142
- You should get to a < prompt, type
reload # Answer Y to reload
- Once you reboot, you will be asked whether you want to perform initial configuration - answer "N"
- Now you'll be presented with a < prompt again. Type
en wr erase # Answer Y to erase config-register 0x2102 reload # Answer Y to reload
- Once the reload has completed the router has been reset to factory defaults and is ready to begin configuring.